The weather outside looks delightful: perfect for the beach, boat or barbecue. Before you head off for some fun in the sun, check out our longer-form weekend reads:
- Edward Snowden: The Untold Story (Wired)
- Paul Graham on Money vs. Wealth: How to Get Rich (Brain Pickings)
- This Pope Means Business (Fortune)
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Virtual Reality (The Verge)
- America’s Coal Heartland Is in Economic Freefall -- But Only the Most Desperate Are Fleeing (Washington Post) see also David Autor’s Guide to Labor and the Machine (FT Alphaville)
- What Happened to Motorola? (Chicago Magazine)
- Back to Baghdad: Life in the City of Doom (Rolling Stone)
- Did Tony Die at the End of the Sopranos? (Vox)
- No Complaints: An Interview with Pete Best, the Original Drummer of the Beatles (Pop Matters)
- 40 Maps that Explain the Roman Empire (Vox)
What’s up for the long holiday weekend?
Post-Crisis Rally Moved S&P 500 Well Above Its 2000 and 2007 Peaks
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.