The weather outside looks delightful: perfect for the beach, boat or barbecue. Before you head off for some fun in the sun, check out our longer-form weekend reads:
- Edward Snowden: The Untold Story (Wired)
- Paul Graham on Money vs. Wealth: How to Get Rich (Brain Pickings)
- This Pope Means Business (Fortune)
- The Rise and Fall and Rise of Virtual Reality (The Verge)
- America's Coal Heartland Is in Economic Freefall -- But Only the Most Desperate Are Fleeing (Washington Post) see also David Autor's Guide to Labor and the Machine (FT Alphaville)
- What Happened to Motorola? (Chicago Magazine)
- Back to Baghdad: Life in the City of Doom (Rolling Stone)
- Did Tony Die at the End of the Sopranos? (Vox)
- No Complaints: An Interview with Pete Best, the Original Drummer of the Beatles (Pop Matters)
- 40 Maps that Explain the Roman Empire (Vox)
What's up for the long holiday weekend?
Post-Crisis Rally Moved S&P 500 Well Above Its 2000 and 2007 Peaks
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com