Happy weekend! Settle into your favorite easy chair, pour yourself some coffee, and enjoy our long-form reads:
- When She Talks, Banks Shudder (NY Times)
- Inside YouTube’s Fame Factory (Fast Company) see also YouTube Stars More Popular Than Mainstream Celebs Among U.S. Teens (Variety)
- Potato Salad: By the Numbers (Kickstarter)
- When Data Becomes Dangerous: Why Elon Musk Is Right and Wrong About AI (GigaOm)
- Israel, Gaza, War & Data (Medium)
- Stop Predicting the Future. Leave That to the Robot Who’s Going to Steal Your Job. (The Guardian) see also AI, Robotics and the Future of Jobs (Pew Research)
- You’re 16. You’re a Pedophile. You Don’t Want to Hurt Anybody. What Do You Do Now? (Medium)
- What Happened to the Art of an Overhand Curveball? (Sports On Earth)
- The Beatles at Candlestick in 1966: An Oral History From the Fans (SF Gate)
- Playboy Interview: George Carlin (Longform)
What’s up for the weekend?
Banks, Financial Firms Load Up On Cheap Debt
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.