My morning train reads:
- Crisis Stalks Europe Again as Deflation Deepens, Germany Stalls (Telegraph) but see Time to Buy Europe (Dragonfly Capital)
- The Power of Shareholder Yield (Yahoo Finance)
- Finding Smart Beta in the Factor Zoo (Research Affiliates) see also Weeding Out False Factors for Smarter Beta (Chief Investment Officer)
- A Big List of Alternative Investment Folks on Twitter (Attain Capital)
- The Economist gets randy with a pair of stories on decreasing prices in the oldest profession: Going Down (Economist) and More Bang For Your Buck (Economist)
- A Cure Worse Than the Disease (Epicurean Dealmaker)
- The SEC Has Launched a Broad Examination of Alternative Mutual Funds. (WSJ) see also Financial Advisers, Firms Spar Over Alternative Funds. (WSJ)
- Is BuzzFeed a Tech Company? (stratechery) see also The Tech Industry Wants to Delight You (NY Mag)
- How to Turn Every Child Into a "Math Person" (Quartz)
- To Have and Have Not (Vanity Fair)
What are you reading?
U.S. Bank Profits Near Record Levels
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org