Happy Birthday to Russell Baze, 56. Dominant.
Oh, the good stuff:
1. Dan Drezner floats an idea for Ukraine.
2. While Julia Ioffe considers the dangers if the U.S./NATO policy to counter President Vladimir Putin actually works.
3. Ross Douthat says I have a point on Republican dysfunction, but argues that immigration is different.
4. Brad DeLong’s big thoughts about the Affordable Care Act.
5. Aaron Blake looks at recent polling on the economy.
6. Jeff Shesol argues that the Republican Party remains Richard Nixon’s party. That skips both the other important malevolent influences (Joe McCarthy, Newt Gingrich), and the positive ones … but it is far from wrong.
7. And Annie Lowrey says that Washington only used to be cool.
To contact the writer of this article: Jonathan Bernstein at Jbernstein62@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org.