Here are my Monday morning reads for your early train ride:
- Meet FRED, Every Wonk's Secret Weapon (Washington Post)
- Three Signs That Point to a Stock-Market Tumble Ahead (WSJ) but see Real Investors Root for Down Markets (Reformed Broker)
- Can ETFs Be Derailed? (Barron's)
- Where Did He Learn to Negotiate Like That? (Epicurean Dealmaker)
- All Generalizations Are False, Including This One (Lady Fohf)
- How Your City's Public Transit Stacks Up (FiveThirtyEight) but see Hail Storm: It's never been easier to get a ride, either on the street or through your phone. Though it's also never been this confusing. (NY Mag)
- Actually, Some Material Goods Can Make You Happy (The Atlantic)
- Mapping the Spread of Drought Across the U.S. (The Upshot) see also The Health Benefits of Trees (The Atlantic)
- That's adorable! Dell, Blackberry Downplay Threat From Apple-IBM Alliance (Reuters)
- Latest Research: Why Everyone Should Take Vacation (Washington Post) see also Summer's a Time to Relax. Except Hardly Anyone Does (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Sales of pickup trucks as an economic indicator
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org