Here are my Monday morning reads for your early train ride:
- Meet FRED, Every Wonk’s Secret Weapon (Washington Post)
- Three Signs That Point to a Stock-Market Tumble Ahead (WSJ) but see Real Investors Root for Down Markets (Reformed Broker)
- Can ETFs Be Derailed? (Barron’s)
- Where Did He Learn to Negotiate Like That? (Epicurean Dealmaker)
- All Generalizations Are False, Including This One (Lady Fohf)
- How Your City’s Public Transit Stacks Up (FiveThirtyEight) but see Hail Storm: It’s never been easier to get a ride, either on the street or through your phone. Though it’s also never been this confusing. (NY Mag)
- Actually, Some Material Goods Can Make You Happy (The Atlantic)
- Mapping the Spread of Drought Across the U.S. (The Upshot) see also The Health Benefits of Trees (The Atlantic)
- That’s adorable! Dell, Blackberry Downplay Threat From Apple-IBM Alliance (Reuters)
- Latest Research: Why Everyone Should Take Vacation (Washington Post) see also Summer’s a Time to Relax. Except Hardly Anyone Does (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?
Sales of pickup trucks as an economic indicator
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.