Happy Birthday to Billy Bob Thornton, 59. I hadn’t really been a big fan, but he was excellent in the "Fargo" miniseries … indeed, everyone was excellent in "Fargo."
Right to the good stuff:
- “Use of the judiciary as a crutch, even if the case itself prevails, may lead to the long-term impotence of Congress, increasing judicial power at its own expense.” That’s political scientist Tobias Gibson on House Speaker John Boehner's lawsuit against President Barack Obama -- yet another political scientist who believes the lawsuit, in the unlikely event it succeeds, would hurt Congress.
- Bob Woodward on John Dean’s new Nixon book.
- Brad DeLong is wonderful on … let’s call it the Nate Silver problem. Or thinking about probability.
- One more on Halbig: Andrea McIntyre has five things the media are getting wrong about this Obamacare lawsuit.
- And anyone interested in 1968 should read this week’s trip to the archives, from Matthew Dickinson. Fascinating.
To contact the writer of this article: Jonathan Bernstein at Jbernstein62@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org.