Happy Birthday to Richard Linklater, 54.
Here’s the good stuff:
1. “In fact, as the news that Congress is taking the initial steps to fix the Veterans Administration reminds us, when bureaucracies fail, we usually ought first to start with Congress rather than the President when seeking solutions.” Matthew Dickinson on presidential competence.
2. Julia Azari looks into presidential approval and economic performance.
3. A good Sarah Kliff interview: How does the next Affordable Care Act open enrollment look to the insurance industry?
4. While the Urban Institute looks at the remaining uninsured.
5. Brad Plumer: Why does the economy grow more when Democrats are in the White House?
To contact the writer of this article: Jonathan Bernstein at Jbernstein62@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Max Berley at email@example.com.