Happy Friday! Here are my morning reads to wrap up your workweek:
- Cherry Picking Gold Data (Irrelevant Investor)
- To Tilt or Not to Tilt (Rick Ferri)
- How Geopolitical Threats Affect the Stock Market (Reformed Broker)
- Latest DALBAR Report Underscores Poor Long-Term Performance of Individual Investors (The Mathematical Investor)
- ISIS: Biggest bank robbery that 'never happened' (FT)
- Corporate America Is Enriching Shareholders at the Expense of the Economy (FiveThirtyEight) see also Citigroup's Settlement, Pro and Con (NY Times)
- Do Patents Stifle Cumulative Innovation? (Digitopoly)
- What We Really Taste When We Drink Wine (New Yorker) see also Climate Change Signals the End of Australian Shiraz as We Know It (Shiraz)
- Here's What Happens When Your Joke Goes Massively Viral on Twitter (Business Insider)
- The 50 Greatest Summer Blockbusters (The Dissolve)
What are you reading?
Governor's Races Are Close, but More Upside for Democrats
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com