My morning train reads:
• The only reason investing works is because things can go wrong (TRB)
• What exactly is conglomerate Espírito Santo International (MoneyBeat) see also Temper tantrum, tempest, or teapot? (FT Alphaville)
• QEInfinity Not (Tim Duy’s Fed Watch)
• Mini Madoffs abound (NYT)
• No Job Loss in Most States That Raised Minimum Wage (Fiscal Times)
• U.S. banks will pay dearly for their failure to modernize (FT)
• The App store, six years and 75 billion downloads later (TechCrunch)
• How to Read the Polls in This Year’s Midterms (The Upshot)
• What makes the perfect World Cup shootout penalty? (BBC) see also Loss aversion in penalty shootouts (Stirling Behavioural Science Blog)
• The way to a memorable burger is through the patty, says chef Kevin Hickey (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Natural-Gas Prices Drop on Greater-Than-Expected Surplus
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Zara Kessler at firstname.lastname@example.org.