My early morning reads:
- Seeker, Doer, Giver, Ponderer: Jim Simons of Renaissance Technologies (NYT)
- GMO Versus Blackrock: Divergent Views of Global Markets (Advisor Perspectives) see also Buybacks tend to peak when bull markets do (WSJ)
- Looking for Short Seller Abuse -- and not finding any (FT Alphaville)
- Tim Cook's recasting of Apple is in full bloom (WSJ) see also Video: This Is the Sapphire Crystal Display From the iPhone 6 (Tech Block)
- Potential game changer? U.S. Seen as Biggest Oil Producer After Overtaking Saudi Arabia (Bloomberg)
- The Curse of Smart People (Apenwarr) see also Just Think: The Challenges of a Disengaged Mind (Science Magazine)
- I have no opinion on this: Why Chicken Is Better Than Beef (Quartz)
- It's Getting Harder to Tell What's a Real Silicon Valley Startup and What's a Parody (GigaOm) see also Yo vs. Potato Salad (Re/Code)
- How to Fly on a Private Jet for Under $200 Per Person (MarketWatch)
- The Geographic Legacy of 'Seinfeld' (CityLab) see also 25 Future Stars Who Appeared on 'Seinfeld' (Mental Floss)
What are you reading?
Downward revisions ahead of 2Q14 earnings season: Much less dramatic than in prior quarters
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org