My early morning reads:
- Seeker, Doer, Giver, Ponderer: Jim Simons of Renaissance Technologies (NYT)
- GMO Versus Blackrock: Divergent Views of Global Markets (Advisor Perspectives) see also Buybacks tend to peak when bull markets do (WSJ)
- Looking for Short Seller Abuse -- and not finding any (FT Alphaville)
- Tim Cook’s recasting of Apple is in full bloom (WSJ) see also Video: This Is the Sapphire Crystal Display From the iPhone 6 (Tech Block)
- Potential game changer? U.S. Seen as Biggest Oil Producer After Overtaking Saudi Arabia (Bloomberg)
- The Curse of Smart People (Apenwarr) see also Just Think: The Challenges of a Disengaged Mind (Science Magazine)
- I have no opinion on this: Why Chicken Is Better Than Beef (Quartz)
- It’s Getting Harder to Tell What’s a Real Silicon Valley Startup and What’s a Parody (GigaOm) see also Yo vs. Potato Salad (Re/Code)
- How to Fly on a Private Jet for Under $200 Per Person (MarketWatch)
- The Geographic Legacy of ‘Seinfeld’ (CityLab) see also 25 Future Stars Who Appeared on ‘Seinfeld’ (Mental Floss)
What are you reading?
Downward revisions ahead of 2Q14 earnings season: Much less dramatic than in prior quarters
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.