My longer-form reading for the holiday weekend:
- Citizen Bezos (NY Review of Books)
- Stash Pad: New York real-estate is now the premier destination for wealthy foreigners with money to hide (NY Mag)
- Everything You Need to Know About Facebook's Controversial Emotion Experiment (Wired)
- The Incapable Soothsayers (Statistical Ideas)
- The Power of Two (The Atlantic)
- How the 'PayPal Mafia' Redefined Success in Silicon Valley (Tech Republic)
- The Myth of America's Golden Age (Politico)
- Monopoly (Pieria)
- The Growing Problem of Pablo Escobar's Hippos (BBC)
- The Battle for Iran, 1953: Re-Release of CIA Internal History Spotlights New Details About Anti-Mosaddeq Coup (National Security Archive)
What beach are you going to?
58 Percent of Jobs Created in 2014 Pay Over $24 an Hour
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com