Rust never sleeps and neither do I. Here are your July Fourth holiday reads:
- Why Are the Super-Rich So Angry? (New Yorker) see also Paulson’s Puerto Rico Paradise Woos Rich Fleeing Taxes (Bloomberg)
- Uh Oh: No Doubt Aboot It: Canada Is Better Than America in at Least Seven Ways (Vox)
- Segway Inventor Dean Kamen Thinks His New Stirling Will Get You Off the Grid For Under $10K (Forbes) see also Stirling Engines (DEKA Research)
- Corporations Are People -- and They Have More Rights Than You (Daily Dot)
- Obama No Longer Cares Whether the GOP Is Outraged (MSNBC) see also Obama’s Annoyance With Congress Boils Over (WaPo)
- John Roberts, Abysmal Failure: How His Court Was Disgraced By Corporations and Theocrats (Salon)
- Tax Cuts in Kansas Have Cost the State Money -- and Job Creation’s Been Terrible (WonkBlog) see also Kansas Tax Cut Leaves Brownback With Less Money (The Upshot)
- How the American Diet Has Failed (WonkBlog)
- Google Is Being Forced to Censor the History of Merrill Lynch -- and That Should Terrify You (Business Insider) see also Peston’s Picks: Merrill’s Mess (BBC)
- Censorship and What Freedom of Speech Really Means: Comedian Bill Hicks’s Brilliant Letter to a Priest (Brain Pickings)
What are you reading?
July 4 Barbecue Costs Climb to Record
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.