My morning reads to start off your workweek:
• ‘Smart Beta’ Investing Lets the Yardstick Pick the Stocks (NY Times)
• Investors want companies to start spending again. Companies have other ideas, says S&P (MoneyBeat) see also Stocks’ Biggest Gains Are an Inside Job (MoneyBeat)
• Swagger: Alpha (AI-CIO)
• Zweig: Huge Returns at Low Risk? Not So Fast (MoneyBeat)
• I’m Shocked, Shocked, to Find Us in a Low Vol Environment (FT Alphaville)
• Are Fuel Cells the Solution to American Cities’ Energy Woes? (Slate)
• Why the iPhone 6 -- not the iWatch -- Is Apple’s Biggest Launch This Year (Quartz)
• Tim Cook and Apple Celebrate #ApplePride in San Francisco Today (9 to 5 Mac) see also John Browne, Former Chief of BP, on Being a Closeted Executive (NY Times)
• The New Warmal: Global Temps Break Another Record (Bloomberg)
• The 10 Best 24-Hour Restaurants in New York (NewYork.com)
What are you reading?
U.S. Versus Europe Industrial Production Updates
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org.