Good Tuesday morning. Start it off right with these reads:
- Investor Distrust Drives Rise in Cash Holdings (FT) but see Five Ways With Valuation (FT Alphaville)
- Uber Bear Sees 'Super Spike' in VIX (MoneyBeat)
- No, War Doesn't Boost Economic Growth (The Week)
- Offshore Cash of $2 Trillion Sparks Hunt for Tax-Friendly Deals (Bloomberg)
- The Fed's Unemployment Conundrum (WonkBlog) see also Big Freeze on Hiring (Washington Post)
- You Know Piketty Is Onto Something When Everyone's Trying to Prove Him Wrong (Quartz)
- Cries of American Weakness by the People Who Weakened America (Washington Monthly) see also The People Who Broke Iraq Have A Lot of Ideas About Fixing It Now (Think Progress)
- Skybox will let Google tell you if you left the porch light on (WSJ)
- The Longform Guide to the World Cup (Longform) see also 12 Things the U.S. Does Worse Than Soccer (Vox)
- Our Brains Are Made for Enjoying Art (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Lost Decade for U.S. Cash
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com