Good Tuesday morning. Start it off right with these reads:
- Investor Distrust Drives Rise in Cash Holdings (FT) but see Five Ways With Valuation (FT Alphaville)
- Uber Bear Sees ‘Super Spike’ in VIX (MoneyBeat)
- No, War Doesn’t Boost Economic Growth (The Week)
- Offshore Cash of $2 Trillion Sparks Hunt for Tax-Friendly Deals (Bloomberg)
- The Fed’s Unemployment Conundrum (WonkBlog) see also Big Freeze on Hiring (Washington Post)
- You Know Piketty Is Onto Something When Everyone’s Trying to Prove Him Wrong (Quartz)
- Cries of American Weakness by the People Who Weakened America (Washington Monthly) see also The People Who Broke Iraq Have A Lot of Ideas About Fixing It Now (Think Progress)
- Skybox will let Google tell you if you left the porch light on (WSJ)
- The Longform Guide to the World Cup (Longform) see also 12 Things the U.S. Does Worse Than Soccer (Vox)
- Our Brains Are Made for Enjoying Art (WSJ)
What are you reading?
Lost Decade for U.S. Cash
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.