It’s Monday already -- where did the weekend go? The best way to start your workweek is with these expertly curated reads:
- Blast From the Past: Could Stocks Melt Up? (MoneyBeat)
- Why Stock Buybacks Are Losing Their Fizz (MarketWatch) see also Can You Handle the Market’s Stress Test? (MoneyBeat)
- Shiller CAPE Peaches Smell Like BS (Investing Caffeine)
- Michael Lewis: A Bazillionaire’s Guide to Stress Relief (Bloomberg View)
- 9 Financial Risks Everyone Should Understand (MarketWatch)
- Risk Rising: Inside the Struggle Over CPP’s Big, Bold Investment Bets (Globe and Mail) see also The Biggest Housing Bubble in the World Is in … Canada? (WonkBlog)
- This Map Shows How Violence in Iraq Could Threaten the Oil Supply (Vox) see also Alarmed by Iraq, Iran Open to Shared Role With U.S. (Reuters)
- The Tech Industry’s God Complex Is Getting Out of Control (Salon) see also Why Tesla Gave Up on Patents (The Atlantic)
- Proposal: Pay college players with TV money (ESPN)
- A Field Guide to Streaming Music Services (Personal Tech News)
Time to make the donuts.
Ancient hatreds tearing apart the Middle East
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org.