Happy Birthday to Bob McGrath, 82.
Hey, it’s the good stuff:
1. John Sides talks to primary-elections scholar Robert Boatright about the big upset in Virginia.
2. While Lynn Vavreck talks about the voters and ideology in primary elections.
3. I joked about this on Twitter on Wednesday, but it turns out -- as Jonathan Chait notes -- that Republicans really are using Eric Cantor’s defeat as an excuse for their failure to fulfill their promise to pass (or, you know, write in the first place) an measure to “replace” the Affordable Care Act.
4. Aaron Blake points out that if he wins, Kevin McCarthy would be the majority leader with the least House experience.
5. And Harry Enten has a good post on immigration and Republican primaries (though points off for spewing regression output straight into the post).
To contact the writer of this article: Jonathan Bernstein at Jbernstein62@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org.