My morning train reading:
- Bond Yields Lowest Since Napoleon Are No Comfort to Europe Amid Deflation Fight (Bloomberg) see also These are the tools at the ECB's disposal to fix the euro-zone economy (MoneyBeat)
- Incentives Matter (Reformed Broker)
- U.S. Job Creation Index Hits New High (Gallup) see also Data Readings Converge to Show an Economy Regaining Momentum (NY Times)
- Why Economists Can't Always Trust Data (Fiscal Times)
- Todays WTF headline: How to Invest if Piketty Is Right on Growing Inequality (Capitol Report)
- Win an Argument with Milton Friedman (Harvard Business Review)
- China is leveling mountains to create new land (Nature) contrast Voters in One of America's Most Expensive Cities Just Came up With Another Way to Block New Housing (WonkBlog)
- Obama Isn't Killing Power Plants. The Sun Is. (Bloomberg View)
- Political Extremism Is Supported by an Illusion of Understanding (Sage Pub) see also Why Do People Persist in Believing Things That Just Aren't True? (New Yorker)
- Four more New York Times columnists and Malcolm Gladwell get really high: Hilarity ensues (The Guardian)
What are you reading?
Stocks Grinding Higher With Earnings
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com