Good Saturday morning. Pour yourself a strong cup of Joe, settle into your favorite chair and enjoy our long-form weekend reads:
- Everything Is Broken: Don’t be fooled -- your devices barely function (Medium)
- How Gamblers Get Hot (New Yorker)
- Fascinating story about relationships: I Went Undercover on Ashley Madison to Find Out Why Women Cheat (DailyDot)
- Beauty ≠ Truth: Scientists Prize Elegant Theories, But a Taste For Simplicity Is a Treacherous Guide (Aeon)
- Saving the Internet From the Surveillance State: Glenn Greenwald Speaks Up (C/Net)
- No time: How did we get so busy? (New Yorker)
- The Great Smartphone War: Apple vs. Samsung (Vanity Fair)
- The Man Who Made Libertarians Wrong about the Constitution (New Republic) see also Mouth-breathing Machiavellis Dream of a Silicon Reich (The Baffler)
- The Case of the Vanishing Honey Bee: Pesticides and the perfect crime (Earthjustice)
- How YouTube and Internet Journalism Destroyed Tom Cruise, Our Last Real Movie Star (LA Weekly)
What's up for the long weekend?
Stock Market Rallies (Dow Since 1900)
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.