Happy Birthday to Polly Walker, 48. She's on "Mr. Selfridge." I suppose I should give it a try.
Now for the good stuff:
1. Brendan Nyhan: The Democrats won't be saved in November by their polling advantage on policy issues.
2. John Patty has some thoughts about big and small government, Republicans and the Affordable Care Act.
3. Was the election in India as historic as some have said? Adam Ziegfeld takes another look.
4. Good report on the Georgia Senate race, or at least the Republican primary, from Ed Kilgore. He emphasizes that the difference between Tea Party and other Republican candidates is rapidly disappearing.
5. And E.J. Graff on 10 years of marriage equality in Massachusetts.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org