Good Saturday morning. All week long, I save up my favorite longer-form articles for your weekend reading pleasure:
• The Trade of the Century: When George Soros Broke the British Pound (Priceonomics)
• Why We Fear Google: Mathias Dopfner’s Open Letter to Eric Schmidt (Faz)
• New Condo Towers Are Racing Skyward in Midtown Manhattan (Vanity Fair)
• The Rise of Nintendo: A Story in 8 Bits (Grantland)
• Escape From Cuba: Yasiel Puig’s Untold Journey to the Dodgers (LA Mag)
• How Much Did Led Zeppelin “Borrow” from other songs? Stairway to Heaven: The Song Remains Pretty Similar (BusinessWeek)
• What Do Animals See in a Mirror? (Nautilus) see also Why Humans Evolved to Love Watching Animals (Aeon)
• Why the Mona Lisa Stands Out (More Intelligent Life)
• What Are the Supreme Court Justices Hiding? (LA Times)
• The Top 10 Global Warming ‘Skeptic’ Arguments Answered (The Guardian)
What's for brunch?
Global Growth Worries Climb
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org.