My morning reads:
- S&P 500 breaks 1900: Divergences show lack of confirmation (See It Market) but see Stock Markets Had a Rough Second Yesterday (Bloomberg View)
- Why London’s House Prices Are Soaring (Economist)
- Japan GDP hits 5.9 Percent Amid Massive Shopping Spree (CNN Money) see also Japan’s GDP Growth Picks Up Sharply (WSJ)
- Where Outperformance Comes From (Motley Fool)
- The Modern Portfolio Theory Flat Earth Society (Institutional Investor) see also Former FDIC Chair on How to Build a Better Financial System (Motley Fool)
- SEC Peeks Under Private Equity ‘Rug’; Finds Remarkable Corruption (LA Times)
- Christie’s Racks up $745M at Contemporary Sale, Largest Auction in History (Art in America) see also Sotheby’s Moves $364 Million of Contemporary Art, Setting Eight Records (Art in America)
- The NSA Infiltrated 50,000 Companies in a Large Scale Industrial Espionage (TechFact)
- The Half-Century Anniversary of ‘Dr. Strangelove’ (New Yorker)
- The 20 Best Cities on the Planet (Business Insider)
What are you reading?
Total Return of Equities vs. Treasuries: YTD 2014
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.