Happy Birthday to Sian Phillips, 81. She and Brian Blessed might be my all-time favorite TV marriage.
Meanwhile, back to the good stuff:
1. Julia Azari looks at partisan polarization through a different lens; it’s not just about voter and legislator behavior.
2. Nate Silver argues that 2014 is the least important election in years. Not a bad argument.
3. Rand Paul’s dissent from conservative orthodoxy on voting is dead; Jonathan Chait has the obituary.
4. David Leonhardt on the recovery.
5. Adrianna McIntyre on “woodwork” Medicaid signups.
6. And Jonathan Cohn on those who didn’t sign up on the exchanges because they didn’t know about the deal they could have had.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com