Happy Birthday to Felipe Alou, 79.
And right to the good stuff:
1. Hans Noel on party polarization and, well, political parties. Sensible.
2. Adam Liptak looks at partisan polarization and the Supreme Court.
3. Interesting exploration of “freedom” versus “fairness” as partisan goals, from Nate Silver. Two major caveats: Party platforms are a good source for partisan rhetoric, but they’re not necessarily representative of what parties are saying -- and they’re not necessarily representative of party policy choices.
4. A good lesson from Josh Huder about being careful with data, in this case regarding congressional productivity. It’s good that a lot of reporters are doing studies of their own, but it’s easy to go wrong.
5. And Sarah Kliff on the future of the Affordable Care Act employer mandate.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at email@example.com