Happy Birthday to James L. Brooks, 74.
Nothing like a little good stuff:
1. “Representation is about people, not polygons.” John Sides on why pretty districts usually are a bad idea.
2. Kevin Drum wonders why pundits and analysts who think Obama is making the right choices on foreign policy still come away disappointed.
3. Is Harry Reid lukewarm on Hillary Clinton 2016? That’s what Chris Cillizza hears in a recent interview. I’m not so sure, but it's true that we don’t have very good evidence about the depth of support for Clinton among Democratic party actors. It’s pretty clear that most of them are OK with her, we just don't know yet whether they’re firmly committed, or just parked there for now. On the other hand, maybe I (and Cillizza) are looking for something that isn’t there.
4. Nate Cohn looks at Florida as a presidential election state.
5. And Perry Stein and Jenny Rogers on what should be named after Harry Truman.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org