It's the weekend and you know what means: Our longer-form, extended-play versions of your favorite hits! Settle in for the best curated reads of the week:
- Meet the Banking Caucus, Wall Street's Secret Weapon in Washington (Public Integrity)
- How movies forge great art, legally (Vanity Fair)
- White-Collar World: What the Office Has Done to American Life (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- The Rise of Corporate Impunity (ProPublica)
- Serious Newspaper Journalism Is Not Over (Vanity Fair) but see Rumor, Gossip, Nonsense: How the News Became a Nightmare (Salon)
- The Invention of the Chilean Sea Bass (Priceonomics)
- Should a Chimp Be Able to Sue Its Owner? (NY Times)
- Five Stunning Facts About America's Prison System You Haven't Heard (Sean Kerrigan)
- The First Look at How Google's Self-Driving Car Handles City Streets (The Atlantic Cities) see also How America's Leading Science Fiction Authors Are Shaping Your Future (Smithsonian Magazine)
- The Inventor of Everything: a fascinating look at a weird scammer (The Verge)
What's up for the weekend?
Austerity's Legacy: GDP Is Far Below Potential
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com