It's the weekend and you know what means: Our longer-form, extended-play versions of your favorite hits! Settle in for the best curated reads of the week:
- Meet the Banking Caucus, Wall Street’s Secret Weapon in Washington (Public Integrity)
- How movies forge great art, legally (Vanity Fair)
- White-Collar World: What the Office Has Done to American Life (Chronicle of Higher Education)
- The Rise of Corporate Impunity (ProPublica)
- Serious Newspaper Journalism Is Not Over (Vanity Fair) but see Rumor, Gossip, Nonsense: How the News Became a Nightmare (Salon)
- The Invention of the Chilean Sea Bass (Priceonomics)
- Should a Chimp Be Able to Sue Its Owner? (NY Times)
- Five Stunning Facts About America’s Prison System You Haven’t Heard (Sean Kerrigan)
- The First Look at How Google’s Self-Driving Car Handles City Streets (The Atlantic Cities) see also How America’s Leading Science Fiction Authors Are Shaping Your Future (Smithsonian Magazine)
- The Inventor of Everything: a fascinating look at a weird scammer (The Verge)
What's up for the weekend?
Austerity’s Legacy: GDP Is Far Below Potential
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org.