Happy Birthday to Lily Allen, 29.
Got to have the good stuff:
1. Ta-Nehisi Coates: "Ahistorical liberals -- like most Americans -- still believe that race invented racism, when in fact the reverse is true.” On Donald Sterling, Cliven Bundy, housing and America.
2. “You don’t get to liberate Europe twice.” Andrew Sullivan on Barack Obama’s foreign policy record and the limits on U.S. influence.
3. Heather Hurlburt talks sense about the U.S. approach to Putin.
4. Ron Fournier with advice for White House reporters. Unfortunately, it pretty much comes down to this: the White House is a lousy place to report from.
5. Ross Douthat has some worthy ideas about inequality and potential conservative solutions … but, as usual, he really overstates the potential of “reform” conservativism, at least for any foreseeable future.
6. And Francis Wilkinson on the history of nativist fear of illegal voting.
To contact the writer of this article: Jonathan Bernstein at Jbernstein62@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Max Berley at email@example.com.