It's May Day! A holiday all around the world -- except here:
- 'Scale and Skill': Why It's Hard for Managed Funds to Beat the Indexers (Knowledge@Wharton)
- Diamonds to Oil Bring Gold Rush Dreams to Melting Arctic (Bloomberg)
- How Google Can Steal Facebook's Candy (Bloomberg View) see also It's Not a Tech Bubble -- It's Tech Roulette (CNN Money)
- On Umbrellas Causing Rain (Economist)
- Why Don't Wall Street Stars Get Sports-Like Endorsement Deals? (Reformed Broker)
- Life in Canada, Home of the World's Most Affluent Middle Class (NY Times)
- The Conservative Case Against Piketty Is Shockingly Weak (New Republic) see also Why the Rich Are Rattled (LA Times)
- Why Only One Top Banker Went to Jail for the Financial Crisis (NY Times)
- Al Hunt: Your 2016 Republican Field, by the Odds (Bloomberg View) but see This Is a Perfect Example of Why Scientists Don't Vote Republican (The Week)
- Wikipedia: Where Truth Dies Online (Spiked Online)
What are you reading?
Asset Performance Review, Total Return, April 2014
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org