It's May Day! A holiday all around the world -- except here:
- ‘Scale and Skill’: Why It’s Hard for Managed Funds to Beat the Indexers (Knowledge@Wharton)
- Diamonds to Oil Bring Gold Rush Dreams to Melting Arctic (Bloomberg)
- How Google Can Steal Facebook’s Candy (Bloomberg View) see also It’s Not a Tech Bubble -- It’s Tech Roulette (CNN Money)
- On Umbrellas Causing Rain (Economist)
- Why Don’t Wall Street Stars Get Sports-Like Endorsement Deals? (Reformed Broker)
- Life in Canada, Home of the World’s Most Affluent Middle Class (NY Times)
- The Conservative Case Against Piketty Is Shockingly Weak (New Republic) see also Why the Rich Are Rattled (LA Times)
- Why Only One Top Banker Went to Jail for the Financial Crisis (NY Times)
- Al Hunt: Your 2016 Republican Field, by the Odds (Bloomberg View) but see This Is a Perfect Example of Why Scientists Don’t Vote Republican (The Week)
- Wikipedia: Where Truth Dies Online (Spiked Online)
What are you reading?
Asset Performance Review, Total Return, April 2014
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org.