Happy Tuesday morning! Here are some reads to start you off:
- The Decline and Fall of Trading as a Money Maker for Giant Banks (Quartz)
- RIP Record Profit Margins (Reformed Broker) see also Help Wanted Signs Are Popping Up in U.S. Cities (Businessweek)
- The Problem with Payments (stratechery)
- On the Intriguing Drop in Commodity Correlation (FT Alphaville)
- Bank of America’s Bad Accounting (DealBook) see also Bank of America Lost $2.7 Billion in a Maze of Accounting (Bloomberg View)
- Average U.S. Retirement Age Rises to 62 (Gallup)
- One in Ten U.S. Bridges in Urgent Need of Repair (Reuters)
- Meet the Secret Fed Cybersecurity Unit Keeping Trillions of Dollars Safe From Hackers (Foreign Policy)
- To Find a Career Like Tim Duncan’s, We Have to Go Back to Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (FiveThirtyEight) see also Shaq’s Still Scoring in Retirement (Businessweek)
- Sunken Gold Untouched for 157 Years Off U.S. Lures Hunter (Bloomberg)
What are you reading?GDP by Industry
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.