Pour yourself a cup of Joe, settle into your favorite chair, and cozy up with my long-form weekend reads.
- No Exit: One Startup’s Struggle to Survive the Silicon Valley Gold Rush (Wired)
- Hedge Funds and the 40-Year Cycle (Catallactic)
- The Untold Story of Larry Page’s Incredible Comeback (Business Insider) see also The Truth About Google X: The Secretive Lab’s Closed Doors (FastCo)
- For E.O. Wilson, Wonders Never Cease (Harvard Gazette)
- This is why sleep is so important to athletic performance (The Atlantic)
- The Invention of the AeroPress (Priceonomics)
- With Farm Robotics, the Cows Decide When It’s Milking Time (NY Times) see also Big food: Michael Pollan Thinks Wall Street Has Way Too Much Influence Over What We Eat (Vox)
- The Evolutionary Mystery of Left-Handedness and What It Reveals About How the Brain Works (Brain Pickings)
- Climate Catastrophe: A Superstorm for Global Warming Research (Spiegel)
- Building a Bigger Action Hero (Men’s Journal)
What’s for brunch?
The Dow Priced in Gold Remains Well Below Record Highs
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.