Did I mention it's Friday?
- Solar Power Burns Old Utilities' Business Models (Daily Beast) see also Challenges Lie Ahead for North American Oil Production (NY Times)
- How the FCC Plans to Save the Internet by Destroying It: An Explainer (Medium)
- If a Bubble Bursts in Palo Alto, Does It Make a Sound? (NY Times) see also Einhorn Has It Wrong (Alpha Baskets)
- Foreclosure errors top rate reported by regulators when they ended their review (WSJ) see also Is Capitalism Driving Itself Out of Business? (Fortune)
- GE-Alstom Set to Test Immelt After EU Wrecked Welch's Plans (Bloomberg)
- How Taxpayers Are Subsidizing CEO Pay (The Buzz)
- The Price of New Homes Is Surging -- in Part Because Houses Are Getting Bigger (WonkBlog) see also Hamptons Home Sales Surge as Wall Street Fuels Price Gain (Bloomberg)
- Digital Mapping May Be Nokia's Hidden Jewel (NY Times)
- Flight Delayed? Your Pilot Really Can Make Up the Time in the Air (FiveThirtyEight)
- Don't Give Up on the iPad (stratechery)
What's up for the weekend?
We're on track for 4°C of global warming -- and 2°C is increasingly unlikely
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com