Read these. I dare you.
• The Ubiquity of “Lost Decades” (Above the Market)
• Insurers are capitalizing on a surge of interest in bonds linked to natural disasters (WSJ)
• The Privatization Backlash (The Atlantic)
• Adam Smith Is Not the Antidote to Thomas Piketty (The Monkey Cage)
• Which Cities Sleep in, and Which Get to Work Early (FiveThirtyEight)
• Why the Lights Have Dimmed on LA’s Film Industry (Market Place)
• Amid Rumors of a Buyout and Reports of Cash Crunch, Is Square All Boxed in? (The Verge)
• 10 Breakthrough Technologies in 2014 (MIT Technology Review) see also Five Areas in Robotics that Will Transform Society and Their Economic Impact (Robotenomics)
• Is There a Wonk Bubble? (Politico)
• Louis C.K. Is America’s Undisputed King of Comedy (GQ)
What are you reading?
Treasuries Are the Surprise Year-to-Date Winner
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at email@example.com.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at firstname.lastname@example.org.