Happy Birthday to Emma Watson, 24.
Right to the good stuff:
1. A study finds that judges appointed by President Barack Obama are mainstream liberals; John Sides with the details.
2. "Sleepless anxiety is the proper state of mind for anyone involved in the triangular Israeli-Palestinian-U.S. non-negotiations." That's Gerhom Gorenberg with the latest on what was once called the peace process.
3. Good Ed Kilgore item on Rand Paul and foreign policy.
4. Fred Kaplan on what may be the endgame in Ukraine.
5. And six charts about state taxes, from Chris Mai.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
(Jonathan Bernstein covers U.S. politics for Bloomberg View.He is co-editor of "The Making of the Presidential Candidates 2012."Follow him onTwitter at @JBPlainblog.)
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org