Happy Birthday to Emma Watson, 24.
Right to the good stuff:
1. A study finds that judges appointed by President Barack Obama are mainstream liberals; John Sides with the details.
2. “Sleepless anxiety is the proper state of mind for anyone involved in the triangular Israeli-Palestinian-U.S. non-negotiations.” That’s Gerhom Gorenberg with the latest on what was once called the peace process.
3. Good Ed Kilgore item on Rand Paul and foreign policy.
4. Fred Kaplan on what may be the endgame in Ukraine.
5. And six charts about state taxes, from Chris Mai.
To contact the writer of this article: Jonathan Bernstein at Jbernstein62@bloomberg.net.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Max Berley at email@example.com