Happy Birthday to Cobie Smulders, 32. Hey, it wasn’t her fault.
Getting right to the good stuff:
- Sam Baker on magic numbers in evaluating Affordable Care Act implementation.
- Jonathan Chait is right about Bradley Cooper, and right about 7 million.
- I don’t agree with all of it, but Nate Persily’s take on the Supreme Court's campaign-finance decision makes good points.
- “Donation caps are notoriously bad at limiting the involvement of wealthy people in elections.” That’s Seth Masket, with similarly sensible thoughts about McCutcheon.
- I should link to at least one full-out McCutcheon basher. Here's Rick Hasen.
- By the way, when something like this happens, the place to go both for commentary and links is Hasen’s Election Law Blog. Essential.
- And Michelle Goldberg on the illiberal left.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org