Happy Birthday to Dermot Crowley, 67.
And yes, there’s good stuff:
1. Are Tea Partyers anti-Wall Street? Jonathan Chait says, no, not at all.
2. Dave Weigel advances a theory about liberals and misbehaving Republican state legislators. I’m skeptical. I think there is simply an enormous market among liberals for conservatives saying stupid things.
3.What does that missing plane tell us about national security in Asia? Jessica Trisko Darden explains what we’re learning.
4. Joshua Tucker on Vladimir Putin's motivations .
5. Dan Larison on Mitt Romney.
6. Always read Ta-Nehisi Coates. This time on Barack Obama, Paul Ryan, liberals and conservatives.
7. Also see Jamelle Bouie on why talking about race sounds different coming from Republicans.
8. More on religion and guns from Sarah Posner.
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com