Happy Birthday to Vicki Lewis, 54.
Back home, new week, and, as always, there's good stuff:
1. Ben Highton on the 2014 midterms.
2. Seth Masket on party symbols as electoral assets (or not). That isn't actually what I was interested in; I want to know whether the lack of explicit party symbols, rites, and rituals matters to the strength of party organizations. But what Seth says is good, anyway.
3. One more on the FL-13 special: Matthew Dickinson reports in.
4. Emily Badger looks at open data by nation.
5. Shani O. Hilton on diversity in the newsroom.
6. I like what Ross Douthat says about humility.
7. And Paul Waldman is good on the imagined Reagan ... but wrong that liberals never do that sort of thing. The imagined JFK is still going strong.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
(Jonathan Bernstein covers U.S. politics for Bloomberg View. He is co-editor of "The Making of the Presidential Candidates 2012." Follow him onTwitter at @JBPlainblog.)
To contact the author on this story:
Jonathan Bernstein at email@example.com
To contact the editor on this story:
Max Berley at firstname.lastname@example.org