My nasty-icy-morning reads while you are waiting for mass transit to unsnarl:
• Doubts about the Fed’s plans are boosting bonds -- to the surprise of many (WSJ)
• Everything You Need to Know About the Emerging-Market Currency Collapse (The Atlantic), see also Understanding emerging-market turmoil (Vox)
• How Economics PhDs Took Over the Federal Reserve (Harvard Business Review)
• Better Ways to Teach Teens About Money? In a Contest, a Simple Idea Wins Out. (WSJ)
• In Fund Expenses, Tenths of a Point Mean a Lot (NY Times)
• Battles Loom in Many States Over What to Do With Budget Surpluses (NY Times)
• Why Microsoft Got It Right With New CEO Satya Nadella (Wired), see also Microsoft Has a New CEO -- Here’s How It Makes Money (Slate)
• Climate change is slowly but steadily cooking the world’s oceans (Quartz)
• In 1991, the iPhone would have cost $3.56 million dollars (Tech Policy Daily), based on Everything from 1991 Radio Shack ad I now do with my iPhone (Trending Buffalo)
• The 2014 Sony World Photography Awards (The Atlantic)
Can someone tell me what is going on with this miserable weather?
Small Banks Face TARP Hit
To contact the writer of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com.