My midweek morning reading:
• Here are 7 policies Obama just said he'd pursue without Congress (Washington Post) see also Who Has a Higher Minimum Wage Than the Federal Rate? (Real Time Economics)
• Stats of the Union (Economist)
• Apple TV graduates from hobby/accessory to product line ahead of major changes (9 to 5 Mac) see also The age of the iPod is over (The Verge)
• The Housing Slowdown Has Already Begun (Advisor Perspectives)
• Confronting Old Problem May Require a New Deal (NY Times)
• Perspective: If Windows 8 = Vista, what's Microsoft's next move? (Computer World)
• Weak inflation makes it harder for Europe's economically struggling nations to recover. (WSJ)
• America's newest exporter is Japanese, as Honda's U.S. operations ship more autos overseas (Washington Post)
• David Letterman Changed Everything (The Interrobang)
• Stephen Hawking: 'There are no black holes' (Nature)
What are you reading?
What's in the Farm Bill?
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
( Barry Ritholtz writes about finance, the economy and the business world for Bloomberg View. Follow him on Twitter @Ritholtz.)
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com