Good Monday morning. Here is an interesting way to start off your week:
• How did broad asset classes perform in 2013? (Mebane Faber), see also Your guide to EM compartmentalization (FT Alphaville)
• Does the Small-Cap Premium Exist? (Morningstar)
• Trading Rules To Live By (All Star Charts), see also 6 reasons your investments stink (MarketWatch)
• Europe can be optimistic -- in the Long Term (WSJ)
• Parsing Bernanke’s Legacy (MoneyBeat)
• Why Was the Housing Bubble So Much More Damaging than the Dot.Com Bubble? (Jared Bernstein)
• The Choreography Of Design, Treasure Hunts, And Hot Dogs That Have Made Costco So Successful (FastCo), see also The Death of the Mall (REwired)
• Will there be a Battery Singularity by 2025? (Next Big Future)
• What makes us happy: Experiences or Possessions? (FT), see also The changing face of psychology (The Guardian)
• Today’s WTF headline: Hitmen For Hire: Academics unlock the secret behavior of Britain’s contract killers (The Guardian)
What are you reading?
Global Woes Fail to Send Cash into US Stocks
To contact the author of this article: Barry Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact the editor responsible for this article: Alex Bruns at email@example.com