Good day after Christmas morning. (Have fun with those returns/exchanges.) Hope you saved some cash for the huge after holiday sales! Before you hit the stores, here are some interesting reads:
• S&P 500 Hits 42nd Record Close, Most Since 1998 (Barron's)
• Merry F%@#ing Buyback Christmas (Reformed Broker)
• The Greatest Gift of All (Economically Speaking) (Bloomberg)
• 8 1/2 Things That Went Right in 2013 (Businessweek)
• Perenially wrong bank analyst Bove defends TBTF banks: Why the US needs big banks (NY Post) Man, that litigation seems to have broken his spirit
• China cash crunch symbolises central bank policy quandary (FT)
• Japan's stock rally might not be finished (WSJ)
• When '60 Minutes' Checks Its Journalistic Skepticism at the Door (NY Times)
• How Iron Maiden found its worst music pirates -- then went and played for them (Cite World)
What are you reading?
Asset Class Performance for the Cycle
Source: Short Side of Long
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at email@example.com