Before you get too involved in whatever, some midmorning reads:
• Connecting the Academic and Policy Worlds: Interview with James Bullard (MacroMania)
• Effective Corporate Tax Rates (Economix)
• Pope Francis Calls Unfettered Capitalism 'A New Tyranny' (Business Insider)
• Microsoft might be beating Google at retail. No, really. (Washington Post)
• The US has 43 nuclear power plants' worth of solar energy in the pipeline (Quartz)
• Do You Love Malcolm Gladwell? You're Reading Fairy Tales (New Republic)
• Top 10 Beach Towns In Winter (World Property Channel)
What are you reading?
Why is France better than Germany, Spain, and Italy? More young people.
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Bloomberg View's editorial board or Bloomberg LP, its owners and investors.
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org