My longer form weekend reading:
• The Hidden Technology That Makes Twitter Huge (BusinessWeek)
• Wall Street Isn’t Worth It (Jacobin), see also Can Suze Orman Save America? (Daily Beast)
• State of Work in the Age of Anxiety: The 40-Year Slump (American Prospect)
• What Does the Book Business Look Like on the Inside? (Vulture)
• Unaccountable: The Pentagon’s bad bookkeeping (Reuters), see also Accounting World, Still Resisting Sunlight (NY Times)
• How Republicans Rig the Game (Rolling Stone)
• Saudi Arabia’s Prince Turki: ‘American policy has been wrong’ (Washington Post)
• The Decline of Book Reviewing (Harper’s Magazine)
• Will the EU Kill America’s Death Penalty? (Vice)
• TV’s Crowning Moment of Awesome (Esquire)
What’s up for the weekend?
Running of the Bears?
To contact the author on this story:
Barry L Ritholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org